January 31, 2012
Sean O’Connor will chair the design track for 2012’s FEI: European conference
The design track’s content will enable leaders in design and business to discuss, learn and share best practicesSean O’Connor, Global Director of Client Services at Smart Design, will be chairing the Design Track of the conference entitled “Design Therapy: Enhancing Lives...Improving Business.” He has programmed the sessions to address topics such as:
- evaluating your organizations design readiness
- realizing a design vision across organizational silos
- identify the future of design within your organization
- successfully uniting the creative and FEI processes
- how to succeed in designing an innovation organization
- how to inspire and focus non-designers to see things differently
- rethinking the producer and consumer relationship from both an academic and corporate perspective. Sean O’Connor had a chance to interview Jeremy Myerson, the Director of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design at the Royal College of Art, who will also speak at the Front End of Innovation EMEA taking place in Zurich, Switzerland on February 27-29th, about how design can improve business and enhance the quality of our lives. Listen to the interview here.
For the past 6 years, the Front End of Innovation (FEI) in Europe has engaged us in powerful narratives with cross-industry leaders in design and innovation management, R&D, product design, user experience design, marketing and customer insights. Smart Design and hundreds of leading innovation and design executives will be in attendance at the FEI Europe 2012. The event typically draws an audience of 250-300 attendees from across the EMEA of which 80% are corporate professionals. It’s a good opportunity to see what the competition is doing and to learn from parallel industries.